News


25 de February, 2011

Sigdo Koppers group profit grows 62% in 2010, a historical result.

The conglomerate reported a profit of $ 112.9 million between January and December of 2010. The return on equity reached 18.4% in the last financial year.  

A historical result of US $ 112,915 million reported Sigdo Koppers group in 2010, an increase of 62% over the previous year, according to the FECU submitted today to the Superintendency of Securities and Insurance (SVS).

Between January and December of 2010, the Sigdo Koppers group registered consolidated revenues of US $ 1.834 millon, an increase of 28.6% compared to 2009. This increase was due to the combined effect of significant sales increases in almost all its affiliated companies.

Meanwhile, the return on equity (ROE) reached 17.8% in 2010.

In 2010, the consolidated EBITDA of Sigdo Koppers totaled US $ 300.3 million, up 20.9% compared to the previous year. Noteworthy are the increases in EBITDA recorded by the subsidiariesSK Comercial (+ 66.3%), CTI (+ 23.2% in dollars) andIngeniería y Construcción SK (+ 24.7% in dollars).

At last December, the consolidated assets of the Sigdo Koppers Group totaled MUS $ 2,204,232 and its assets amounted to MUS $ 1,060,942. For its part, the conglomerate has a good financial position with high liquidity at both consolidated and parent level. In particular, the consolidated cash reached US $ 199.8 million, while the parent cash totals US $ 88.1 million.

In 2010, Sigdo Koppers made important investment projects, reaffirming the commitment of its shareholders with long-term growth.

Last November, through its subsidiary Enaex S.A., it opened its new Panna 4 plant, an investment of US $ 230 million and expanded the facilities of Prillex América, located in Mejillones, 2nd Region, placing it asthe world's largest production plant of ammonium nitrate for mining use.

In the commercial and automotive area, Sigdo Koppers, through SKBergé, exercised its option to increase its stake in Santander Consumer Chile, a company dedicated to consumer financing. Thus, SKBergé raised its stake to 49% in the property and Santander Consumer Finance reached the remaining 51%. Also, through SK Comercial, Sigdo Koppers started commercial operations in Brazil.

Among the major projects of the Sigdo Koppers group for 2011, noted is the installation of an Ammonium Nitrate plant and an Ammonia Plant that the conglomerate is ready to develop in Peru along with the Brescia Group, reaching a total investment of of US $ 800 million.

Noteworthy is thaton January 24th, 2011, the Ministry of Energy and Mines (MEM) of Peru approved the Environmental Impact Study of the project, thus completing one of the most important milestones for its development.

With this, Sigdo Koppers seeks to position itself as a leader in Latin America in mining services together with the Brescia group.

Sigdo Koppers is one of the leading business groups in Chile, with a history of 50 years and a presence in the Services, Industrial, Commercial and Automotive areas.